Monday, January 7, 2008

Procrastination: A Way of Life

For many of us, procrastination is just part of who we are. I am well known for late nights, over-nighters, and faking sick when necessary. I've been much more responsible lately, I think. However, I put grading off until the last minute possible.

I hate grading. It's a major reason why I hated teaching math. There are stacks of papers for you to grade. I had to have Chris help me grade. And boy, did he complain about it. I'd get a lecture for not grading them earlier, while still remembering the complaining about how much time I spent working. Well, somebody had to work.

Ahem. I digress. (Apologies.) Change of subject!

I'm working on crocheting a cute little project for my nephew who will be born on April 6th. It's the most complicated project I've done so far in terms of color changes. I've done lots of complicated stitches, but not much color work. I'm working on the easy, big, boring parts first. I love to crochet, but it's so much more fun when it's for someone you love.

School starts again tomorrow. I am currently procrastinating (surprise, surprise) planning for the last bit of the semester before exams. I thought I might pull another all-nighter, but I'm flat out of ideas. In my experience, that means - just go to bed. I'll try to drag my sorry butt outta bed early in the morning to pull some things together.

So. G'nite.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sometimes the best stuff happens when you procrastinate! :) I hope you went to bed like a good girl. Love you lots!

Jan said...

I like to say that my best work has happened at the very last second -- but that might not be right. However, I can relate!