Thursday, March 6, 2008

Minorities and Cool Stuff

Two Items Today:

1. There is a group of men who always pointlessly banter about the presidential election in the teacher's work room. Today, of course, was no different. I have gotten quite skilled at ignoring them completely and continuing with my work, but today my ears were perked by a comment one of them made. "Nothing like this has ever happened before. Not only do we not have an incumbent running, but there are two minorities running for president in the Democratic party." *ahem* Since when did women become a minority? I seriously must have missed that one. I'm adding that one to my quote collection.

I came across a really neat company, Otterbox.com, that sells water resistant/proof cases for electronics. They all look rather neat. I was especially impressed with the case for a video iPod like mine. It would be really cool with the armband accessory and waterproof headphones they sell. A swimmer would be able to jam out during laps. Personally, I'd just float in a pool with a snorkel sticking out the top a la The Graduate, minus scuba capabilities.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Men. They live in their own little worlds, don't they?

Rebecca said...

Ooohhh... waterproof.... i'll have to check that out since I have to learn to love aquatorture.. i mean.. water activities.

. . . . . . . . . said...

Men (as a group) are idiots. As individuals, that doesn't always apply. I wonder what the 50.5 percent of the women in the world currently feel about being in the minority?