Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What I've Done This Summer, Part 1

Every year, as summer approaches, I build a mental summer to-do list. I have yet to have a summer where I accomplished much of anything, so I end up feeling crappy about my vacation. Not a good thing. So I decided to take a different course of action.

I have posted a list of my goals for the summer on the left side-bar. As I complete the tasks, I'm going to write a short post. Hopefully this will help me be productive. Here's what we have so far:

Bathroom Window Part 1
I wanted to let some natural light into our bathroom. Sarah's African violet needed somewhere sunny to grow and natural lighting makes me feel better too. At first we were just pulling the shades up in the day, then putting them back at night. I'm lazy, so it wasn't working too well. Sarah was getting the hebejebees about someone peeking inside, so we gave this stuff a go. It was easy to apply and it looks great! We only bought enough for the bottom half, so I'll be doing part 2 later.


I already have a couple more things finished ... I'll post about them later. Toodles!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Looks like a pretty cool idea! And I love your summer list -- yay for you!