Monday, February 4, 2008

Updates in the World of Stuff

Just a few quick updates:

1. Paid the bill for the defunct Daewoo and raided it for my personal belongings. I had a fun time ripping apart the dash to retrieve the kick-butt stereo that was added post-purchase. It felt like I was doing an organ transplant. The donor did not sign a consent form.

2. Spent my entire lunch time talking to (mostly waiting for) the IRS. I thought I was done paying my back taxes, but they're still withdrawing from my bank account. Turns out, I'd actually missed a couple of months. Oops. Good news is ... my taxes will finally be paid off next month!! :D

*** Special note for tax purposes: In the terrible and unfortunate event that you should get divorced, do it at the beginning of the year. Believe me, it will help. And when you get remarried, do it in December. ***

3. The Daewoo's title is still MIA. Looks like Progressive lost it, but I'm going to have to check again tomorrow. I need the durn thing to sell the junk heap and get it off the dealer's lot. I'm sure their sales are being decimated by that abomination sitting in the back.

4. I saw the press conference about the new First Presidency live online. Awesome stuff. I totally got a confirmation from the Spirit that President Monson is our prophet and President Eyering and Uchtdorf are called by God to be in their new positions. I rather like President Uchtdorf. I was able to listen to him talk at a stake conference about a year and a half ago. His talk addressed divorce and his words calmed my soul. I feel privileged that I was able to shake his hand that day.

Stay tuned for more updates ...
Maybe one day I'll actually post the story behind this blog's title.

3 comments:

. . . . . . . . . said...

Dude,
Even though you read this to me before you posted it, I MUST comment on your awesome sense of humor. Thanks for makin' me laugh!
Love,
Me

Jan said...

You make ma laugh too -- hopefully that dang title will turn up somewhere and you can get the Daewoo out of your life for good.

Jan said...

Oops -- I said 'make ma laugh -- and I of course meant 'make ME laugh.' Duh.