Monday, February 11, 2008

I am the Diet Saboteur

You know me. I'm the one who buys you chocolate/food as a thank you gift. I offer you a small treat from my goodie bag. I bring doughnuts to the morning meeting. Sometimes you're secretly grateful for my weight-increasing kindness. But mostly you hate me.

On my way home from the vet's office on Saturday, I noticed a few cute little girl scouts waving signs in front of a Walgreens. It's cookie time! So I thought I'd stop by and buy a box. Or three. Needless to say that only part of one box remains. I got two boxes of samoas (there's never enough in those boxes) and one of thin mints. Mmmmm. Tasty.

I'm not actively trying to lose weight, just don't really want to gain. Sarah's trying to lose weight as much as she can considering her shoulder stuff and, well, me. I also consistently eat fattening foods while she feasts on veggies. I have decided that I am giving up candy this week too. Of course, that does not include girl scout cookies or brownies or steak or french fries or ....

On a side note, the reason why I was at the vet was for Baxter. He has hypothyroidism and he's been prescribed a pill 2x daily for it. I've been giving him his medicine rather regularly, but it seemed that he was getting skinnier again. I was definitely right. He had lost 0.9 pounds - almost 10% of his body weight. He's still mostly healthy, it's just that his thyroid levels are still rather high. The vet said to keep giving him his pills religiously and bring him back to re-test his thyroid levels in a month. If the medicine can't control his hyperthyroidism, he'll have to get part of it removed. I don't know how I'd pay for it, but if there are reasonable measures to keep Baxter alive, well, and happy, I'll take care of it.

The picture of Baxter above was taken in June of 2003, when he was about 6 years old.

3 comments:

tiburon said...

You.are.evil. Now I want Girl Scout cookies!

Jan said...

Baxter is adorable. And I"m with you on the Girl Scout cookes -- we bought a couple of boxes not long ago but they are long gone. And I do want more.

Rebecca said...

I hope everything goes well with Baxter. He's a good kitty.

Get thee behind me cookie!

That reminds me of a line from Shrek 3.. Captain Hook says to Gingy "Avast Ye Cookie!!"