Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lessons Learned

What I have learned today:
  1. When leaving home at 6:30, it is possible to reach work at 8:15 instead of the usual 6:50.
  2. Even if your car is getting 31 mpg, it still needs gas.
  3. If the Spirit tells you to stop and buy gas, STOP AND BUY GAS.
  4. My car really isn't that heavy.
  5. When pushing your car into a gas station, try to pick one that actually has gas.
  6. Gas stations sell gas cans, but they try to hide them.
  7. When filling a gas can with gas, do so very sloooooowly as to prevent gas from spilling all over the place.
  8. Try not to lose the gas can nozzle in the gas can.
  9. Two gallons of gas is heavy.
  10. People don't usually taunt you when walking on the side of the road with a gas can, but they don't offer rides either.
  11. Be patient while attempting to pour gas into your tank without the extension nozzle and immediately wipe up any spills.
  12. Go to a gas station (that has gas), fill up the rest of the way, and get a car wash. Immediately.
  13. Giggle quietly to yourself the entire time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you took lemons and made lemonade! You can always call for help--your daddy still loves you and will come running.

:-)

Unknown said...

at least you were giggling! i would have been having a COW!!!

Megan said...

I think my favorite was number 3. And let me tell ya, I look up to you for giggling over it all. I would have had tears in my eyes number 2.

Rebecca said...

You did good!! I'm glad it all worked out!! :)

Jan said...

Lessons learned for sure. At least you weren't having a fit. That would have been me. Good for you!