Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Is it stuffy in here, or is it just me?

My sinuses don't like me. I've had two surgeries on them suckers. In the first one, the doctor removed a piece of bone the size of a marble from my septum and performed a turbinoplasty. I could breathe so much better, but was still getting regular sinus infections. So we tried a balloon sinuplasty - like an angioplasty for your sinuses. It got better, but not totally.

So I went back to the ENT today. He took a look and said that either there's still a blockage in there or it may be somehow migraine-related. I've got a lot of questions to ask, but I get to see him tomorrow in another office of his 30 minutes away. I'm going to get another CAT scan and hopefully we'll find an answer to this thing.

I have to give props to my ENT, though. It's much better than it used to be. I haven't missed a single day of work this year due to sinus infections. I can at least work through them. Thank goodness for good doctors. (And his staff is great, too!)

I'm grateful that my health is as good as it is. Sure, I have issues, but I'm able to function and enjoy life. As I listened to the news this afternoon, I thanked my Heavenly Father for the blessings I have received and prayed for those who need them more.

4 comments:

Jan said...

What a great outlook. I think it's hard to remember how blessed we are when there is still an ongoing problem -- yay for you. Hopefully you can find out what's going on and get it taken care of for good.

tiburon said...

I hope you get some relief soon!!!

. . . . . . . . . said...

I'm glad your appointment went well today. I hope the doctors you're being referred to can help you for the long term.

Rebecca said...

Keep us updated, ok? I hope it goes well and you feel better quickly.