Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two Weeks Fast Food Free

On September 26, I quit fast food. I allow myself 1 fast food meal per week. I ate out for lunch on 9/26 before I could go grocery shopping. I had Arby's last Saturday for dinner. Then I had Arby's again on Monday. This was not something I wanted to do, but the circumstances dictated that I either eat Arby's for dinner or go without dinner (or so I thought). To make up for that, I won't be eating out this Saturday.

In any case, I am getting used to this "cooking" thing that people talk about. I love watching Good Eats and I even got to use something from it today! I cooked up an orange roughy filet. Tasty. I also tried some red potatoes, but it didn't quite work out. I'm going to stick to boiling those suckers in the future.

The only problem I have in the grocery store is keeping myself from buying too much. It's a little difficult to purchase just enough for one person. Finding a squash that's small enough for just me was ... interesting. I felt kinda weird digging through the squashes to find a little one.

Last month I spent almost $200 eating out. This month I have spent under $25 so far. Of course, I have spent more on groceries, but I feel like I have enjoyed my food more.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Squash??!! I thought that was poison!

Me, Myself, and I said...

It is, unless you add a lot of butter and salt ;)